Friday, August 12, 2011

Twinkies = One Month


This phase of our lives is probably just best described as crazy. The daily emotions are so conflicting! One minute I love that I have little kids running around, filling our home with happy sounds.


The next minute the sounds become something much less than happy and I'm SO ready for them to older and more independent and POTTY TRAINED and know the difference between right and wrong
 (it is WRONG to throw mud from the sandbox at your little brother's face. It is WRONG to pee on the floor less than one foot away from your little potty. It is RIGHT to be so helpful with your baby brothers, wanting to help carry them and put their pacies back in when they cry. It is RIGHT to apologize -unprompted- when you accidentlly drop a book on mommy's foot).
And the next minute I want everything to slow down because it really all goes way too fast. For example: the twins are already over a month old. I really do love the baby stage when they are completely dependent on you for everything. I love their snuggles and the way they smell, I love their bobbly heads and when their arms flail for no reason.
I want to remember all these little things so that when they are 16 and completely INDEPENDENT- I will have these memories to cherish.

Lucas:
(as of 4 weeks 5 days)
9 pounds 7 ounces
22 inches

 He was SUPPOSED to be having awake time in this photo. He was COMPLETELY out and chillaxed.



Landon:
9 pounds 3 ounces
21.5 inches


Both boys are SOOO close to smiling. I know they recognize my voice and are working on focusing their eyes on my face. They are generally very content babies. Of course they have their fussy times and gassy times (when mommy eats something they don't like) but they are really good sleepers and we are getting closer and closer to being on a schedule. Their schedule right now consists of sleep, eat, awake time, sleep, eat, awake time (except for at night- skip the awake time please ;)). The are becoming more and more alert during their awake time which is so fun.
They eat every 3 hours during the day. At night we have had stretches up to 6 hours but usually it's 4-4.5. They still sleep in our room in a pack-n-play swaddled and snuggled into boppies.
Still fit into newborn clothes for the most part. Jammies are good but a few onesies (especially the ones that shrunk in the wash) are getting snug. Might have to haul out the 0-3 month clothes and start pilfering those.

Speaking of a schedule.. I'm off to make sure they stay on theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment